Damper Design Engineer - Move to AmericaApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 06 Jun 2018
About the company:
Our client is launching a ground-breaking new technology for the automotive industry - a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring a Mechanical Engineer to apply engineering principals to develop suspension systems in accordance with internal and industry design standards.
What you will be doing:
- The Mechanical Engineer will work as part of our Advanced Engineering Projects team to work on the development of actuator assemblies and tunable elements.
Mechanical Engineer Essential Functions:
- Generate concepts and mechanical and hydraulic component design of the company's core
- GenShock technology using best practices.
- Use Solidworks, CATIA and Matlab to develop suspension systems in accordance with internal and industry design standards.
- Design packaging space for shock absorber type components into high end automotive applications.
- Project management of large projects to achieve aggressive timing and performance goals. Managing projects from the concept level through testing and production revisions.
- Detail design for manufacturing turning low volume prototype concepts into high volume production products.
- Troubleshoot bench testing and/or vehicle issues which can occur during development. Work with project team to establish and maintain relationships at the OEM.
- Prototype components using additive and subtractive methods to catalyse development. Design test equipment and validation processes for prototype components.
- Communicate with the Chief Engineer and Program manager to capture and contain changes or obstacles on the scope, timeline, or budget of projects.
- Work across teams to leverage the expertise of senior members.
- Lead internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings.
- Experience with GD&T
- Prepare detailed drawings of parts and assemblies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, carrying, and the use of hand tools.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work is expected.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
What we expect from you:
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Fundamental 3D modelling and 2D drawing skills.
- Experience in manufacturing process of steel, aluminium, or plastic components.
- Experience in APQP process for developing components for serial production.
- Master's Degree in mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent work experience. Experience in SolidWorks / Catia
- Experience in GD&T, DFMEA, DVP&R, DFSS, VAVE
- Technical Capacity
- Strong Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
What you can expect from us :
- We o ? er growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more!