Cylindrical Grinder and External GrinderApply Now
Salary: £12 - 14 per hour
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 08 Jan 2021
Reference: 476 - CGR
A well-established bespoke manufacturer of form tools are looking for a Cylindrical Grinder and External Grinder to join their team based in Warwick on a Permanent basis paying a salary in the region of £14 per hour.
Working across a range of sectors including Hydraulics, Automotive, Motorsport, Pneumatics, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Marine and Defence to name a few; the successful Cylindrical Grinder and External Grinder will join a small team of Machinistsand be an active member of a varied and exciting future within an evolving company boasting over 50 years’ experience in manufacturing quality cutting tools.
The successful Cylindrical Grinder and External Grinder will benefit from a pay rate in the region of £14 per hour alongside a 36.5 hour working week, free life insurance (x2 of annual salary) and flexible holidays totalling 227 hours per annum (28 days).
The duties and responsibilities of the Cylindrical Grinder and External Grinder;
- Setting and operating Cylindrical Grinders and External Grinders
- Working across Studer and Jones & Shipman machinery
- Interpreting and working accurately from Engineering Drawings
- Working to customer specifications producing high precision cutting tools
- Maintain and monitor own quality control using production gauges
The ideal Cylindrical Grinder and External Grinder:
- Experienced within a tooling manufacture environment
- Proven experience in setting and operation of Cylindrical and External Grinding Machinery
- Experience working with Studer and Jones & Shipman machinery
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Flexibility towards working hours
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and agreed targets.
- Reliable, consistent and punctual.
- Be a proactive team player.
- Willingness to extend their own skill sets through Company sponsored training.
- Knowledge of working with carbide or high-speed steel
We are interested in speaking with Cylindrical Grinders and External Grinders from a range of experience levels and industries however experience across both grinding disciplines and a willingness to learn is essential.