Customs and Freight ManagerApply Now
Salary: £35k - 45k per year + benefits
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 11 Nov 2020
A well-known components and parts supplier to the Automotive industry are currently seeking to recruit a Customs and Freight Manager to join their team based just outside of Gloucester They operate worldwide and currently have 60 sites, across 18 countries and are primarily known for their powertrain products.
This role is offered on a permanent basis paying a salary in the region of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum. Benefits include 25 days annual leave, non-contractual 5% bonus eligibility, Axa private healthcare and Healthshield cashback scheme.
You will be responsible for ensuring all Customs & Freight processes for the site are implemented and managed in line with legal and business requirements. You will also be responsible for day to day management of operations alongside implementation of optimisation programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the central point of contact for the site in relation to all Customs import & export matters and associated audits, liaising with all internal functions, brokers and freight forwarders as necessary
- Liaise with the classification team and relevant company technical staff to ensure that all part numbers have a Customs classification at the time of part creation
- Liaise with appropriate legal counsel to check Export controls and licensing requirements
- Ensure that all documents are received by the Customs broker in full as soon as possible upon dispatch of goods from the supplier and that appropriate clearance instructions are provided
- Liaise with site staff / freight forwarder / broker to resolve any issues and expedite import / export clearance
- Monitor the duty / VAT deferment statements to ensure that all deferred amounts relate to the relevant site and that guarantee limits are not exceeded
- Liaise with Trade Compliance regarding the use of any special regimes (IPR, OPR, Returned Goods)
- Monitor both imports & Exports to ensure that only contracted / approved brokers are used for Customs clearance and that all relevant enquiries have a prompt response in order to expedite Customs clearance
- Determine Preferential Origin of the goods & act as a central point of contact
- Check invoices for both import and export brokerage and liaise with the broker / finance to resolve any invoice / payment issues
- Achieve the Logistics, cost reduction and inbound premium freight targets. Monitor logistic spend and challenge the status quo.
- Conduct Logistics cost improvement workshops to identify ways to optimize logistic routes and truck utilisation.
- Work with the Logistic providers and plant involved functions to implement cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure Logistics reporting is accurate and that the financial accruals represent reality
- Track logistic spend and submit the monthly accrual amounts to Finance . Assess logistic spend to identify normal vs abnormal and identify actions and opportunities to improve
- Ensure standard reporting cadence and tools are updated on time, per standard routines and templates. (Ensure OMS is up to date.)
- Maintain the action plans and monitor progress
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Degree qualified, preferably within Logistics or International Business
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of international trade
- Understanding of international trade and customs processes
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity with a commitment to compliance with domestic and foreign laws and regulations
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with a high level of autonomy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience with a customs broker, freight forwarder or company with international trade preferred