Control and Systems EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 30 Nov 2017
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count and this is where you fit in.
The role of Control and Systems Engineer is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
What you will be doing:
- Product Development Engineering is the key technical department for the product creation process, leading the engineering from concept to customer. There are three parts to it: Attribute Quality and Process, Vehicle Integrity Team and Vehicle Engineering Management. Working here, you'll give our vehicles their unique characteristics. It's all part of creating vehicles that delight customers and set us apart from the competition.
- As Control and Systems Engineer, you'll be following a systems engineering approach to create and maintain requirements for functions for active and semi active chassis systems. You'll be generating MatLab / Simulink models to support the development of the functions, ready for software coding by our industrialisation partners.
- In addition to this, you'll coordinate the analysis of system level requirements and conversion into vehicle and actuation control strategies. Finally, you'll create logical and physical views to support the control development
What we expect from you:
- Ideally you'll have systematic problem solving abilities and control theory knowledge, as well as an understanding of applicable modelling techniques. In addition to being a competent Matlab and Simulink/Stateflow user, you'll be skilled with Electronics and vehicle networking. It would be beneficial if you have an understanding of sensing and actuation technologies, and a relevant degree or equivalent experience would be preferred.
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, and performance related bonus scheme.