Control Systems EngineerApply Now
Salary: £40k per year
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 19 Feb 2019
Reference: 4286 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for the position of Control Systems Engineer for a global market leader in the manufacture of both external and internal thread grinding machines, based in Coventry.
CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEER – PERMANENT – COVENTRY
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
HOURS: 39 hours per week: Monday – Thursday; 7.30am – 4pm & Friday; 7.30am - 3pm
Our client is currently seeking a Control System Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated practical experience commissioning Siemens variable speed drives, Siemens PLC (STEP 7) and Siemens 840D CNC controls.
In return for your experience and skillset our Client is offering a competitive salary in the region of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum alongside a generous 33-day holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays) and the opportunity to benefit from pension and health care schemes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Control System Engineer looking for a UK based position with the flexibility to travel overseas if required, to grow and develop within a forward-thinking global market leader. The responsibilities of the Control System Engineer:
- Commission our range of CNC grinding machines.
- Measuring system calibrations and preparation of the machine for production trials.
- Loading of module data files, initial power on tests, drive calibration & drive tuning.
- Test of electrical control circuits & Test safety circuits.
- Load & Test of CNC system & HMI (Siemens 840D) & Load & Test digital drives (Mainly Siemens).
- Design of control circuits (hardware and software), for additional equipment test safety circuits.
- Functional Testing of the machine tool to product and contract specifications.
- Machine alignment & laser calibration.
- Provide Customer support.
This position is ideal for a motivated and confident Control System Engineer who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams.
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits (LV).
- Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors.
- Good working knowledge of actuators & sensors.
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC machine tools.
- Experience of reading & writing PLC programs (STEP 7).
- Competent use of PC equipment, windows, office applications, STEP 7 and EPLAN.P8.
- Basic NC Programming experience (Siemens 840D experience advantageous).