Construction Plant EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Kent, Kent
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 06 Aug 2018
Reference: 4113 - Apex TL
About the company:
Our client has been operating construction plant and tool hire and sales in the UK since 1973. Over the last 40 years they have built up an excellent reputation for their services across London and the South East. The client base includes trade and DIY customers and the hire ranges from a half inch electric drill to a 5-tonne excavator.
What you will be doing:
- Diagnostics, repairs, maintenance and servicing of all hire equipment to a high standard
- To service and repair hire equipment and vehicles in accordance with Company and Manufacturers Service Schedules.
- Complete all relevant pre-hire checks and complete related paperwork.
- Carry out scheduled Service Inspections and servicing plant in compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To diagnose faults and carry out mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and any other repairs on vehicles and plant.
- To carry out all tasks in compliance with the Company's Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures ensuring that your workplace, including site work and roadside are safe for you to carry out the work required and that you have
- Taken the necessary precautions to ensure your safety and that of others affected by your actions.
- To complete Maintenance Records and Reports accurately and on time.
- To conduct all activities in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures
- To undertake field-based repairs as and when necessary
What we expect from you:
- Highly experienced with a solid mechanical knowledge of plant, construction and/plant machinery, including (but not limited to); diggers, dumpers, excavators, telehandlers, power generators and more
- Proficient in machine, equipment and diesel engine fault-finding, servicing, repair and maintenance including welding
- Ideally proficient in plant, construction and/or powered access machinery electrics, hydraulics and diagnostics