Connected Vehicle Services ManagerApply Now
Salary: £70k - 85k per year
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 23 Dec 2021
Connected Vehicle Services Manager
Shift: Days – 45-hours
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000 per annum
Connected Vehicle Services Manager required to join a well-established automotive manufacturer, based in Woking.
Our client is an automotive supercar and hyper-car brand, with a global reputation for producing high performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The Connected Vehicle Services Manager will be responsible for leading the Connected Services team activities within the ES&C department of Product Development; responsible for development and delivery of connected features and TCU hardware, cellular-based connectivity, and SIM management, and associated regulatory compliance.
- Manage Connected Service team of engineers and architects; responsible for hiring, developing, progressing, and leading engineers within the team.
- Supplier management from nomination and contract through to project delivery and ongoing operations.
- Ownership of Connected Service team deliverables within the Electronic Systems and Controls department.
- Interface to cross-functional departments involved in wider Connected Car delivery organisation as SME team. Includes IT, Marketing, Aftersales, Production and Regional teams.
- Development and delivery of regulatory compliant eCall and SVT across each relevant market
- Ongoing iteration and release of OTA service and campaign management validation.
- Compliance activities for UNECE WP.29 Reg 155 and Reg 156.
- Definition of attributes concerning connected features; latency, resilience, last-mile protocols and SLA levels
- Development of mobile applications related to connected services requiring a signed-in state.
- Benchmark and analysis of trends and competitor activity, Identification of key partners, suppliers, and technologies to support growth and efficiencies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Connected Vehicle Services Manager:
- Management of multi-discipline teams within automotive, telecom or similar industry. Includes management of remote/distributed teams.
- In-depth understanding of vehicle telematic systems and protocols, including eCall certification routes.
- In-depth understanding of telecommunication systems and architectures from SIM through to RAN and Core networks
- Knowledge of IoT Systems design and lifecycle management platform integration.
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and principles.
- Experience of managing complex projects via Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong commercial and supplier management skills to enable planning and delivery of multi-vendor programs.
- Budgeting and forecasting of NRE, Capex and Opex items for development, launch and operational service phases
The Ideal Connected Vehicle Services Manager:
- Excellent communication skills to enable cross-functional working and management of multiple suppliers
- Enthusiasm to embrace change and support creation of new processes to allow bridging of organisational gaps and deliver Connected Services to time and quality targets.
- Able to build relationships and influence decision-making
- Commitment and resilience to deliver technically complex features against challenging timelines, with requisite discipline and focus.
- Strong prioritisation and workload management skills
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.