Concept Design Engineer - Packaging ErgonomicsApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 28 Apr 2022
Concept Design Engineer – Packaging Ergonomics
Location: Woking, Hybrid working (3 days per week in the office)
Shift: Days – 40 hours per week
Concept Design Engineer – Packaging Ergonomics required to join a well-established company based in Woking on a contract basis.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for producing luxury performance vehicles. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none.
The Concept Design Engineer – Packaging Ergonomics will join an existing Team and work with the Attribute Manager to achieve deliverables. You will be responsible for ensuring vehicle package complies with the appropriate legal and passive safety requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Concept Design Engineer – Packaging Ergonomics:
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable hard point package and generation of critical package sections.
- Using CAD Methods to review status on Ergonomics / Package Attributes
- Validate Legislation & passive Safety compliance throughout the vehicle design phase.
- Checking content of designs for release against the specification, CAD geometry and resolution of digital build concerns prior to sign-off
- Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept packages for all areas of the interior and exterior.
- Developing and proposing design solutions to package issues.
- Liaising with component engineers and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring that packaging guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
The ideal Concept Design Engineer – Packaging Ergonomics:
- Experience within the automotive industry or similar domain experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within an Engineering field
- Catia V5 experience
- Experience working with high end / niche vehicles or component design would be beneficial
- Proficient in solid modelling and surfacing using a 3D CAD system Experience of prototype design and development
- Good understanding of mechanical design requirements for typical automotive applications e.g. fastening systems, sealing solutions, manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of all Vehicle Systems and components with an understanding of Vehicle Integration
- Working appreciation of ergonomic requirements for occupant and control positioning.
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.