Classic Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £22.27 - 25.99 per hour
Location: Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 30 Nov 2018
Reference: 4062 - KA
Experienced Classic Vehicle Technicians required on a short term ongoing contract basis in Ryton on Dunsmore, benefiting from an hourly rate of £22.27 – £25.99 per hour.
A world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles is looking to recruit a number of Classic Vehicle Technician’s to join their team at Ryton on Dunsmore on a short term ongoing contract basis with long term opportunities for the right candidates.
The role will be varied and challenging, requiring a broad base of vehicle skills including mechanical, electrical, body and trim. The successful candidates will be involved in routine maintenance, servicing, and repairs to customers vehicles.
The department is outward facing and the successful candidate on occasion may have to interact with customers and will be expected to be an ambassador for the company at all times
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out servicing, maintenance, and testing of vehicles in the Classic department
- Ramp appraisals and pre-MOT/servicing checks
- Completion of MOT associated reports/paperwork
- Technical support and repair of vehicles for Classic events for either static display or dynamic driving experiences in the UK.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in a relative automotive discipline
- A whole vehicle knowledge of servicing, maintenance and operation of Classic vehicles is essential for this role.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Must be capable and qualified to drive
- Successful candidates will be reliable and responsible with at least 5 years driving experience
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence, have never been banned from driving and must have no more than 6 points on their licence
- Must have their own transport
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Candidates will be capable of ensuring that all documentation meets company and legislative requirements
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, to achieve deadlines
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4pm, Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 5.55am-2.05pm, Friday 6am-11.20am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 1.50pm-10pm, Friday 11.05am-4.25pm