Classic Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £22.03 - 22.03 per hour
Location: Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 08 Jan 2018
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Vehicle Technician to join their team. The role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term, ongoing opportunities for the right candidate.
The role will be varied and challenging requiring a broad base of vehicle skills mechanical, electrical, body and trim. The successful candidate will be involved in routine maintenance, servicing, and repairs to customer vehicles.
The department is outward facing and the successful candidate on occasion may have to interact with customers and will be expected to be an ambassador for the company at all times
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out servicing, maintenance, and testing of vehicles in the Classic department
- Ramp appraisals and pre-MOT/servicing checks
- Completion of MOT associated reports/paperwork
- Technical support and repair of vehicles for Classic events for either static display or dynamic driving experiences in the UK and overseas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in a relative automotive discipline
- A whole vehicle knowledge of servicing, maintenance and operation of Classic vehicles is essential for this role.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Must be capable and qualified to drive
- Successful candidates will be reliable and responsible with at least 5 years driving experience (minimum age 28)
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence, have never been banned from driving and must have no more than 6 points on their licence
- Must have their own transport
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Candidates will be capable of ensuring that all documentation meets company and legislative requirements
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, to achieve deadlines
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fee.