Classic Vehicle TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £19.50 - 25.00 per hour + Overtime
Location: Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 04 Jul 2022
Reference: 5552 - RC
Experienced Classic Vehicle Technician required on a short-term ongoing contract basis in Ryton on Dunsmore, benefiting from an hourly rate of £19.50 - £25 per hour.
A world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles is looking to recruit a number of Classic Vehicle Technician’s to join their team at Ryton on Dunsmore on a short-term ongoing contract basis with long term opportunities for the right candidates. The initial contract will run for 6-months with further extensions likely following this date.
The role will be varied and challenging, requiring a broad base of vehicle skills including mechanical, electrical, body and trim. The successful Classic Vehicle Technician will be involved in routine maintenance, servicing, and repairs to customers vehicles.
The department is outward facing and the successful Classic Vehicle Technician on occasion may have to interact with customers and is expected to be an ambassador for the company at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CLASSIC VEHICLE TECHNICIAN:
- Carry out servicing, maintenance, and testing of vehicles in the Classic department
- Ramp appraisals and pre-MOT/servicing checks
- Completion of MOT associated reports/paperwork
- Technical support and repair of vehicles for Classic events for either static display or dynamic driving experiences in the UK.
THE IDEAL CLASSIC VEHICLE TECHNICIAN:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in a relative automotive discipline
- A whole vehicle knowledge of servicing, maintenance and operation of Classic vehicles is essential for this role.
- Exposure to maintenance, repair, servicing and restoration of classic vehicles is highly desired.
- Must be capable and qualified to drive
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence, have never been banned from driving and must have no more than 6 points on their licence
- Must have their own transport
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Candidates will be capable of ensuring that all documentation meets company and legislative requirements
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4pm, Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
DAYS - £19.50 - £25.00 per hour.
Overtime rates apply.
Please Note: This role is Inside of IR35.
The final pay rates offered will be inclusive of, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s deductions.