Chassis ADAS Project LeaderApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 18 Jul 2018
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of Chassis ADAS Project Leader is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
The role in a nutshell:
- Chassis ADAS project leader is the principal link between pre-development, core ADAS development team, software delivery teams, vehicle program team, vehicle engineering, launch and core chassis engineering and is key to driving delivery of chassis content and attribute targets.
- The project leader (PL) role will ensure requirements of PCDS are met smoothly, to attribute performance targets, on time, and within program budgets for both material and development cost. Brand mobility and site mobility is expected. The role will involve short duration overseas travel. Resources can be redeployed to suit business needs cross brand.
What you will be doing:
- Chassis Engineering is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Vehicle Suspension Systems, Sub-frames, Engine Mountings, Steering, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres from development of concepts and new technologies through to production.
- As the Chassis ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) Project Leader you'll be the principal link between pre-development, the core ADAS development team, software delivery teams, vehicle engineering, launch and core chassis engineering teams and you'll be key to driving delivery of chassis content and attribute targets. You'll ensure deadlines are met smoothly, to attribute performance targets, on time and within program budgets for both material and development costs.
- You'll work cross functionally and support teams across multiple locations across the UK and you'll travel internationally on an ad hoc basis
- Chassis ADAS Project Leader is responsible for all aspects of program content delivery.
- Drive core programme delivery fromthrough to first application programme launch
- Ensure core ADAS technology development supports vehicle programmes
- Ensure development plan is aligned to supplier and technology partner activities.
- Lead problem resolution on multi-discipline technical and strategic incompatibilities, move roadblocks to all aspects of chassis content delivery
- Ensure material cost, tooling and D&D are delivered within programme targets
- Ensure all programme gateway requirements are delivered accurately and on time at each gateway; including product and component performance, timing, quality, weight and commercial deliverables.
- Responsible for supporting teams at multiple locations (home location and build launch location) to flexible working hours.
- Lead the compilation and presentation of Chassis status in various forums.
What we expect from you:
- This is a high visibility and challenging role, so it's essential you'll be an excellent communicator and possess strong presentation skills. You'll have high levels of personal organisation, motivation and drive as well as excellent team leading capability.
- You'll have strong technical knowledge and a broad understanding of chassis interfaces into other vehicle functions. You'll have an understanding of product delivery processes and ideally a working knowledge of automotive software concept and development processes.
- You'll be flexible to travel to product launch and prototype build sites and international locations on occasion too. You'll have a full valid driving licence and ideally you'll be educated to degree level in an engineering subject.
- This is a high visibility and challenging role, and key to the role is ensuring the vehicles we develop meet the programme and brand targets and delight customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Experience on working with international external business partners will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of automotive software concepts and development processes will be an advantage.
- High levels of personal organisation and motivation are essential. Frequent exposure in senior forms can be expected.
- Excellent team leading capability is also essential. It will be a requirement to organise and drive the team to resolve cross functional issues.
- Excellent understanding of product delivery process is a requirement, including target setting and chassis sign off requirements.
- The role demands a strong level of technical knowledge and a broad understanding of chassis interfaces into other vehicle functions.
- A strong knowledge or PCDS is required. Familiarity with key product development systems & processes will be beneficial.
- Degree preferred.
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Full UK driving license preferred.
- Travel to product launch and prototype build locations may be required, including international locations.
What to expect from us:
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, and performance related bonus scheme.