Category ManagerApply Now
Salary: £30k - 40k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 24 Oct 2018
A global organisation and world leading provider of innovative technologies to the automotive sector are looking for a Category Manager to join their team in Warwick.
Responsible for the Nordic Region the successful Category Manager will assist in the increase of sales and profitability of the business to drive sustainable growth within the region. Driving the pricing and overall promotion of Automotive Technologies the successful candidate with have a strong understanding of consumer needs with the ability to analyse data to determine industry and consumer trends within the region.
This is the ideal position for an individual who rises to a challenge and excels under pressure, with an outside the box thinking approach the successful Category Manager has the capability to make huge strides in the growth and development of the company, nurturing a long-term career within a truly supportive environment.
The successful candidate will benefit from a salary in the region of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum and be welcomed into a small team reporting into the UK Marketing Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Analyse customer insights, market data and other available tools to ensure strategic planning to maintain and deploy category plans in selected countries.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies with the support of the pricing team, considering market competitiveness and margin optimization to deliver results.
- Define category promotion plans and measure its performance to maximise sales revenue and develop market share. Working closely with the Regional Marketing Manager to deliver this.
- Research and analyse channel opportunities to define strategy and implementation plans for each appropriate channel
- Liaising with the product management team to communicate defined category range requirements.
- Build category awareness through the creation of communications, materials and information around the category.
- Identify key issues and barriers, offering resolutions and action plans to overcome these.
- Define internal and external category deployment plans, and execute with segmented customers
Field Visits & Customer Events:
- Run focus groups, visit customers & support sales team on the field.
- Participate where appropriate at customer events & industry shows to develop relationships with customers and remain connected to the market & its evolutions.
- Fluent in English (Knowledge of Swedish/Danish would be advantageous but not required)
- Experience in a category management, sales or trade marketing role in the Automotive Industry
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams within a matrix organization
- Understanding of business drivers, financial drivers & metrics to produce agreed upon results
- Able to provide strategic & operational expertise to drive business results
- Ability to leverage understanding of channels & customers in the marketplace to build innovative solutions
- Demonstrable ability to develop & facilitate projects, within given parameters
- Flexibility to travel overseas on a regular basis
Full time – our client actively encourages flexible working across teams at the discretion of the UK Marketing Manager.
Apply now for further details!