Calibration EngineerApply Now
Salary: £30 per hour
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 26 May 2022
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 40 hours.
Rate: £30.00 per hour (Umbrella)
Our client is a well-established specialist with an unrivalled reputation as a leading engine specialist and a heritage spanning over 50 years. Specialising in the design, development, manufacture and testing of bespoke engines within the motorsport, automotive and aviation industries our client are experts in their field utilising state of the art equipment and skill to achieve optimum performance and reliability.
Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit a Calibration Engineer to support and work alongside their engineering team, where you will be required to carry out all aspect of engine dyno testing either on their engine dyno test beds or using their new / bespoke test cell, equipped with a four-wheel drive Dynapack Chassis Hub Dyno.
The successful Calibration Engineer will be a proactive, confident technician who is a team focused individual possessing an excellent understanding of engine characteristics, willing to learn and take on new challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Calibration Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of engine and hub dyno operation and be experienced in all aspects of engine calibration, wiring and installation of engine management systems.
- Experienced in engine management technology.
- Confident in taking on complete engine mapping projects.
- Experienced in wiring and installing engine management systems.
- Able to build, create and optimise mapping strategy.
- Experienced in fault finding diagnosis.
- Familiar with providing remote customer support.
- Familiar with using engine dynamometers.
- Familiar with using hub dynamometers.
- Experienced in engine / dyno installation.
- Read & understand technical drawings.
- Capable of developing a build book and written reports.
- Engine build experience an advantage but not essential.
- Willing to assist with engine build shop activity when required.
The ideal Calibration Engineer:
- Adaptable and open to new challenges.
- Possess a keen eye for quality and attention to detail.
- Happy working alone or as part of a team.
- Conscientious and possess excellent communication skills.
To show your interest in this Calibration Engineer role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.