Calibration EngineerApply Now
Salary: £25.00 - 27.50 per hour
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 24 Aug 2021
Location: Whitley, Gaydon & Ansty Park
Contract length: Ongoing
Pay Rate: up to £27.50 per hour
An opportunity has arisen for experienced OBD II Calibration Engineer to join an established team on their day shift across Whitley, Gaydon & Ansty Park, working on current and future applications and technologies.
Calibration Engineer Duties:
- Vehicle & Chassis Dyno based On Board Diagnostic (OBD)
- Delivering OBD II market requirements and Compliance for Europe, North America, South Korea and China
- OBD II Work-packages require expertise in: Aftertreatment Airpath, Fuel Path, Thermal Combustion Emissions Analysis Delivering DDV and self-certification data for authorities, including coordination of emissions tests on chassis dyno
- Investigating all launch robustness issues relating to OBD
Calibration Engineer Skills & Experience Required:
- OBD II Calibration and Controls Data analysis of engine management and emissions data Tailpipe emission test
- Minimum qualification of a degree or equivalent in relevant engineering subject, e.g., Mechanical Engineering. MSc or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a calibration and controls team in an OBD II calibration function.
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex OBD, combustion or emissions calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, Concerto and CRETA.
- Fundamental understanding of combustion engine and aftertreatment operation (Gasoline and Diesel) and control theory required
The successful Calibration Engineer will be able to work at any of the three sites as required.
We’re looking to speak with suitable Calibration Engineer candidates as soon as possible.
Apply now with a copy of your CV to discuss this position with a member of our team