CNC ProgrammerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 22 Sep 2020
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of CNC Programmer, Setter & Operator - Turning & Milling for a client based within Coventry.
Role: CNC Programmer, Setter & Operator - Turning & Milling
Contract type: Permanent
Pay Rate: £13.00 - £15.00 per hour (+ 20% shift allowance)
Hours: 37.5 – Mon-Wed 3:30pm-1:30am, Thurs – 3pm – 1:00am
Key Job Role Duties:
- Programming, setting & operating 5-axis Mazak Integrex Mill I400, 2-axis Mazak Nexus Lathes and Hurco VMC,
- Performing basic offsets, program changes and tool/tip changeovers,
- Loading and unloading of parts.
- Deburring in cycle.
- Quality Inspection of parts using micrometres, Verniers and gauges.
- Working from Engineering drawings to BS / ISO standards.
- Initial training and integration on Day Shift to be followed by flexible shift working on evening and nights as required. (Shift Premium to apply)
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Mazak Integrex machines and Mazatrol controls is highly desirable.
- Setting & operating skills are a must and preference will be given to those candidates with programming experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering qualification or suitable apprenticeship, but a long-proven track record could also suffice
- Ability to interpret and work to Engineering drawings.
- Ability to plan and work from own initiative, with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work to shift patterns.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate attention to detail and reliability.