CNC Machinist / CNC OperatorApply Now
Salary: £30k - 40k per year
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 25 Jun 2019
Reference: 4366 - KA
A forward-thinking and well-established Prototype company are looking to recruit an experienced CNC Machinist to join their fast-paced, high quality team of Machinists based in Aylesbury.
Our client has a wealth of knowledge within injection moulding, blow moulding, rapid prototyping and CAD Engineering offering their customers a full turnkey solution to their Product Development. They are seeking to recruit a CNC Machinist on an initial Long-Term Temporary basis to cover the long-term sick of a highly valued employee. The CNC Machinist who shows a high level of skill, strong business behaviours and high quality of work could benefit from a permanent contract following the temporary period.
In return for a highly skilled and quality orientated CNC Machinist, the successful candidate will benefit from a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (pro rata) alongside a 39 hour per week contract with an early finish on Fridays.
The successful CNC Machinist will have experience of working with Aluminium to create injection moulding and blow moulding tooling to be used to create parts for a range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Medical and Consumer Packaging. You will be experienced in setting and operating 3 and 5 axis Hurco Machinery using FANUC and ProtoTRACK controls, as well as confident in CNC milling and lathes.
CNC Machinists with experience in programming and the ability to programme using Powermill and EdgeCAM software’s (both online and offline) will attract the higher rate of pay.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting and operating 3 and 5 axis
- Use of Hurco machinery and Delcam software
- Creation of injection and blow moulding tooling
- Work to close tolerances and demonstrate precision engineering
- Use of CNC Milling and lathes
- Ensure consistent quality
- Monitor CNC machinery when running
- Understand and interpret engineer drawings from CAD designs
- Inspect his/her own work at regular intervals
- Prioritise workload efficiently
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Proven experience within a CNC Machinist position
- Experience within injection mould and blow mould tooling is desirable
- High attention to detail and the ability to work to tight tolerances is essential
- Experience using Hurco machinery and Delcam software
- Powermill and EdgeCAM programming experience is desirable but not essential
- Good time management
- Understanding of materials and best way to machine them
- Candidates should be self-motivated, well organised with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexibility in working hours as per business needs.
WORKING HOURS: 39 hours per week (Day Shift) –
Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 16.30pm Fridays: 8.00am – 15.00pm
Flexibility towards working hours could be considered for the right candidate
Please apply with your CV to be considered!