CMM OperatorApply Now
Salary: £13.00 - 13.06 per hour
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 20 Apr 2021
Reference: 4857 - KA
CMM Operator / Inspector required on a full time, contract basis in Leamington Spa, benefitting from an hourly rate of £13.06 per hour.
Our client, a large, well-established manufacturing company that specialises in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories, based in Leamington Spa.
They are currently seeking a CMM Operator / Inspector to join their existing team on a contract basis.
As the CMM Operator, you will be required to Coordinate the measuring machines and the maintenance of product Quality standards, by thoroughly examining components from suppliers and internal manufacturing. Taking appropriate action and raising the necessary documentation for non-conforming parts.
As a company that prides itself on excellent product quality, they are looking for a likeminded individual who will strive for excellence to join their industry-leading team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out inspection duties using CMM (Coordinate-Measuring Machine) in required areas covered by the Quality Control Department to ensure that material received into and manufactured by the Company meet the required specifications.
- Checking all / specific features for customer requirements
- Strict adherence to Health & Safety requirements, Engineering specifications and Inspection Instructions
- Use of Vernier's Calipera, Micrometeres, Tropos and Smartteam
- Ensures that the equipment used in the execution of the inspection is handled correctly, is properly calibrated where appropriate, and is stored after use in the designated storage area.
- Compiles reports (e.g., batch release reports, FAIR’s, ISIR’s)
- Evaluate and communicate results to relevant internal and external customers.
- Support the team and participate in investigation process on non-conforming products.
- Cover other departmental duties (e.g.: calibration, goods-in inspection) when required.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Ensure that constructive working relationships, external and internal, are built and maintained.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Being familiar with function and operation of CMM
- Previous use of Vernier's Calipera, Micrometeres, Tropos and Smartteam
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, specifications and drawings.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, CMM Software), reports writing
- Flexible approach with ability to accept priority change as and when required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous work experience in safety critical engineering/manufacturing environment as Quality Control function
- Ability to read instructions and interpret specifications and drawings.
- ONC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering would be an advantage.
- Previous work experience in an engineering/manufacturing Quality Control function
A flexible attitude in working hours is essential as overtime will be required:
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 4:00pm and Friday 7.00:am - 12:00am