CAE AnalystApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 29 Jun 2018
Reference: 35403 - Apex CG
- Development of cockpit performance for new products using CAE to meet defined performance targets, support design confirmation, support physical test definition and achieve test-to-CAE correlation.
- Operating in a small team, including some level of planning and controlling delivery of work.
- Work effectively with design teams to develop solutions within defined deadlines and time constraints.
- Have an awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) and ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions.
- Ability to carry out automotive component performance development using CAE codes (LS-Dyna explicit is essential. Additional knowledge of LS-Dyna implicit and Optistruct/Nastran is desirable) and associated pre and post processing software (Oasys suite preferred) to meet defined performance targets and support design confirmation, conduct test support and test-to-CAE correlation
- Able to run baseline CAE analysis, summarise results and feedback conclusions to the component Lead Engineers in an efficient manner.
- Able to interpret component requirements, understand design solutions/constraints and define/assess proposals to meet requirements based on sound engineering principles
- Demonstration of the knowledge and skills required.
- Experience of working in the automotive industry preferably with experience of working with Cockpits and plastics.
- Very competent in automotive component development using engineering experience and CAE tools. Requires supervision and/or assistance only where the issues or situation faced is highly complex and/or business critical.
- Experience in other fields of development using LS-DYNA may be acceptable if combined with appropriate software skills.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Ability to use ANSA pre-processing tools, Experience of working with ANSA DM Database management.
- Knowledge and experience of LS-OPT or similar software to develop solutions and optimise designs.
- Knowledge and experience of NVH software (Nastran, Optistruct) Geometry creation in Catia. Excel macro programming.
- Familiarity and experience of working practices relating to CAE methods and processes.
- Familiarity and experience of CAD systems to enable efficient data download Familiarity of IT system