CAD EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Aug 2018
- This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs.
- In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the cabin systems team.
- Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Cabin area, the Lead Engineer will potentially work across all of the cabin commodities.
- Key Responsibilities: System/Component design activities from PS through to Job 1 liaising with suppliers and internal customers.
- Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
- Catia V5 application and delivery of system/component design from concept through to full production.
- Knowledge of component design principles including component production techniques such as injection moulding, compression moulding, stampings.
- Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development and issue resolution.
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- The CAD Engineer should be able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues The CAD Engineer will be an effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Lead Engineer should be ideally educated to Degree level or have sufficient on the job experience.
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Body Engineering environment is desirable for this role, but not essential.
- Proven knowledge of our client Product Development and business; processes and systems.
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements are desirable but not essential.
- Catia V5 experience is essential.