Business Development ConsultantApply Now
Salary: £26k - 40k per year
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 24 Apr 2019
Reference: 4323 - Apex NJ
Business Development Consultant
Apex Recruitment are a fast-moving ambitious organisation that is about to launch into the next phase of our evolution. Our ambition is to be the leading recruitment partner within the Automotive and Engineering sectors. We see this as being an extremely exciting time within the automotive sector with the move to electric and autonomous vehicles. We already partner with some of the leading automotive brands in the world and are making great strides in working with more of the established brands as well as new entrants to the automotive market place.
We have a requirement for a Business Development Consultant to develop business with new clients and extend business with existing clients. Previous experience within an Automotive/Engineering environment is a definite plus but more importantly is that you have bucket loads of energy and enthusiasm and a desire to really perform to the best of your ability
This is a permanent opportunity.
- Select and agree relevant target Companies, areas and objectives with the Head of Business Development
- Assist in formulating a sales strategy for the business
- Attend client visits as and when required.
- Attend Events and Exhibitions as required and follow up on leads obtained.
- Upon obtaining a new client, handling vacancies, both temporary and permanent whilst the account is in its infancy until the client relationship has been fully embedded.
- Handling client enquiries in a professional and constructive manner, ensuring that a full dialogue is maintained with the client throughout the selection and placement process.
- Carry out in-depth interviews with both clients and candidates in order to secure qualified personnel for client vacancies and to determine full awareness of candidate skill ranges.
- Select and shortlist appropriate candidates, negotiate appropriate rates with clients and ensure that all relevant information to both client and candidate is recorded on the Apex database system.
- Ensure all administrative tasks are completed on time.
- The nature of the role will require the ability to perform under pressure and within time-critical parameters. The jobholder must be capable of recognizing the value of customer service and the need for flexibility in their delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is incredibly well organised, efficient and is extremely flexible and approachable!
Desired skills and experience:
- A good working knowledge and proven experience of sales and marketing together with telemarketing techniques.
- Must be able to communicate and relate clearly with colleagues and clients, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to display an awareness of the needs and commercial requirements of the business.
- Able to organise themselves in order to achieve targets set by the head of new business
- Must be able to display a good level of discretion and judgment.
- Must display a high level of competence to organize and control their workload.
Please note – we firmly believe that finding the right person is more than just ticking the boxes on a job spec. It is important to find a suitable person who fits the culture and behaviours of our business – to successfully fill this role, you should also maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow our company’s manifesto. This is hugely important to us. To see if you are a right fit, you can find a copy of our values on our website.
- A fantastic remuneration package
- Uncapped bonus scheme
- A 3pm finish on a Friday
- A great working environment
- A friendly bunch of team mates
- Regular team building and events
- Community and Charity involvement – last year we raised over £3,000 for good causes
- Private Health Insurance
So, apply today for consideration for this role. Or alternatively, for a confidential conversation please call our Operations Director Neil on 01926 424154 for more details