Build TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £25 per hour
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 24 Nov 2021
Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technician required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on an ongoing contract basis paying £25.00 per hour.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for highly skilled Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technician to join an existing team of experts within a workshop and bay build environment. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company where quality supersedes speed and attention to detail is paramount to deliver iconic and flawless vehicles to a bespoke number of customers.
The Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technician will be responsible for the whole vehicle build of bespoke high value vehicles including component assembly, sub assembly and whole vehicle ground up build.
In return, the successful Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technician will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility.
Our client is looking to place skilled Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technicians on an initial contracting basis, with permanent opportunities available to those who show the correct skill and team fit. Successful candidates will receive a pay rate of £25.00 per hour working a Day Shift Monday to Friday with ample opportunity for overtime!
The duties and responsibilities of the Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technician:
- Whole vehicle preparation, assembly and build mainly covering Trim and Final Assembly
- Mechanical and Electrical assembly and build tasks including:
- Component assembly & Sub-assemblies – building parts and components from scratch.
- Building whole vehicles from scratch working within a bay-build discipline
- Fitting part/full interior Trim packages
- Diagnosis and support logging of build issues and engineering improvements
- Reading and interpreting engineer drawings
- Experience of using a variety of handheld tools.
- Experience of working with precision components.
The ideal Vehicle Mechanic / Build Technician:
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicles.
- Good engineering background essential
- Candidates with a classic vehicle or motorsport background would thrive in this environment.
- Experience of previous vehicle assembly/build work is essential.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Resourceful with a proven record of being able to solve problems.
- Ability to develop good technical solutions to build/ quality issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, proficient at managing and prioritising work schedule
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required.
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 7.30am – 16.15pm and Friday 7.00am – 15.30pm with the opportunity for weekday and Saturday overtime.
Pay: £25 per hour