Build TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £29k - 30k per year
Location: Belper, Derbyshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 18 Aug 2021
Reference: 5049 - KA
Experienced Build Technician is required for a world leading automotive company, with a global reputation for quality, passion and performance in Belper on a permanent basis, benefitting from a salary of £30,000 per annum dependant on experience.
This is an exciting and fast-moving role that will require you to be highly organised, comfortable multitasking and able to prioritise workloads.
The Build Technician will be responsible for building new vehicles as well as prototype vehicles meeting Manufacturer’s requirements. The successful Build Technician will also be responsible for repair and maintenance of a wide variety of exciting vehicles.
This is a varied position for the successful Build Technician which will draw on their working knowledge of Passenger vehicles as well as Rally cars.
Key Responsibilities of the Build Technician:
- Working both as part of a team and alone you will be responsible for building new vehicles and prototypes as requested by the Production Manager to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Working both as part of a team and alone you will be responsible for repair and maintenance of a range of vehicles as and when required by the Production Manager.
- Advise the Production Manager of any issues that might affect a deadline or schedule being met.
- Option might be given to attend rallies as a technician, but this would not be compulsory.
- Make sure the workshop is kept clean, tidy and safe, and all H&S practices are followed at all times
- Make sure all tools and machinery are kept in a fit useable state.
- Report any tool, machinery or workshop defects to your Production Manager.
- Submit any training requests or H&S requirements to your Production Manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Level 3 City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications in an automotive discipline is desirable.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of whole vehicles.
- Good engineering background essential
- Experience of previous vehicle assembly/build work is essential
- Experience of previous whole vehicle maintenance and repair is essential
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Resourceful with a proven record of being able to solve problems.
- Ability to develop good technical solutions to build/ quality issues.
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 17.15pm
Friday: 8.00am – 14.15pm