Brakes CAE AnalystApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 20 Mar 2018
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of the Brakes CAE Analyst is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
What you will be doing:
- Our vehicles are admired and desired across the world for luxurious design and outstanding engineering. Driving them is an incredible experience; being the ideas and expertise behind their creation is even more exhilarating.
- Being part of our Engineering and Manufacturing team you'll join this journey.
- Brakes Design CAE are responsible for concept simulation, modelling and analysis for the Brakes Design Team. As the Brakes CAE Analyst, you'll be responsible for the analysis of Brakes squeal and judder simulations.
- You'll have the opportunity to lead into the development of techniques required to achieve correlation with physical test results.
- You'll support the development of automotive components and systems designed using these test results, using computer aided engineering analysis (CAE) to recommend solutions and improvements within brake design.
- You'll work with engineering teams to ensure attribute performance targets are met, presenting complex information and feedback conclusions to various stakeholders.
What we expect from you:
- You'll be educated to degree level in engineering or a similar discipline, bringing experience of using CAE methods and tools in an automotive engineering environment. You'll have experience of brakes system design and results analysis, ideally using Hyperworks / Abaqus.
- Ideally you will also have experience of using other computer aided engineering systems such as Simpack & CarMaker.
- As an experienced Engineer, you'll have the confidence and ability to build strong working relationships across different engineering departments, be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills to enable the delivery of engineering and programme targets.
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, and performance related bonus scheme.