Bodyshop Vehicle InspectorApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Chipping Warden, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 09 Jul 2021
BODYSHOP VEHICLE INSPECTOR
A large and well-established company are seeking a Bodyshop Vehicle Inspector to join their team in Chipping Warden.
Our client provides class leading vehicle technical services to 18 of the UK's leading car manufacturers. Warranty approved by many of the OEM’s, they prepare and repair over 50,000 cars a year through their facilities at Chipping Warden, and additionally they deliver these vehicles across the UK.
The successful Bodyshop Vehicle Inspectorwill have experience within a Bodyshop environment and have a strong eye for detail to identify faults. The experienced Bodyshop Vehicle Inspectorwill ideally be qualified to Level 3 standards in a relevant automotive discipline.
As a company that prides itself on excellent service and advice, with large workshops and friendly experts trained to deliver to a variety of manufacturer standards, our client continually pushes the boundaries redefining the benchmark for excellence. We are therefore looking for a likeminded Bodyshop Vehicle Inspectorwho will strive for excellence to join an industry leading team.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BODYSHOP VEHICLE INSPECTOR:
- Inspection of all smart repair and paint shop repair activities ensuring they are completed to manufacturer guidelines and specifications.
- Responsible for performing the cosmetic checks to panels and paintwork, on a variety of vehicles, ensuring that the correct levels of repair meet company high standards.
- Reporting any issues or defects (Pass / Fail reports)
- Up-keep of RFT records
- Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details.
THE IDEAL BODYSHOP VEHICLE INSPECTOR:
- City and Guilds or NVQ or equivalent in a relative automotive discipline is desirable
- Candidates must hold a full UK driving licence (6 points maximum, subject to regular license checks)
- Previous hands on Bodyshop technical experience.
- Experience in working to BVRLA standard
- Knowledge of quality control processes.
- Must have Bodyshop vehicle knowledge.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours.