Body in White Virtual Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Salary: £27 - 28 per hour
Location: Castle Bromwich, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 18 Dec 2020
Role: Body in White Virtual Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Castle Bromwich
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £27.00-£28.00 per hour
- Body in White Virtual Manufacturing Engineers (BIW VME) support Manufacturing Engineering and Production Operations by employing virtual manufacturing techniques to prove manufacturing feasibility, enabling robust design, and manufacturing assembly prior to component manufacture.
- Virtual manufacturing techniques enhance the ability to improve safety, quality, delivery, cost, re-usability, and the environment.
- Virtual Manufacturing can be considered an `enabling technology that supports the "zero prototype" initiative & improves launch robustness
- Product & Process manufacturing feasibility analysis.
- Support Process Planning (interface between process and simulation)
- The BIW VME team are experienced Process Designer users as well as RobCAD, Fides, Teamcenter and Catia
- Manage digital product / process analysis deliverables in alignment with the client’s product development timing plans
- Manage Simultaneous Engineering (SE) Partner resource to meet the Virtual Manufacturing deliverables
- Manage the Simulation and Tooling Design Plans, allocate timing and resource requirements
- Validate SE Partner tooling and cell designs
- Validate SE Partner tooling design and simulation as part of manufacturing buy-off
- Ensure SE Partner adhere to client standards
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Must have RobCAD or Process Simulate experience
- Body in White manufacturing process development and tooling design
- Educated to Degree / HND level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline.
- Experience in the following software applications: - RobCAD, Catia V5, AutoCAD, Fides, Team centre, Microsoft Office, Process Simulate
- Process Designer, Process Simulate
- Automotive design and production experience
- Data Management for Body in White Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME BIW). This includes product CAD imports, Virtual equipment libraries, managing data exchange with Vendors etc.
- Software development (Key User interface with IT Methods) - carry out User Acceptance Testing for new software releases, capture and feedback issues/enhancement to IT and software developers
- Controlling Project Documentation - ensuring Tooling Design and Simulation delivery form vendors