BIW TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £16.77 - 19.53 per hour
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 26 Aug 2021
Experienced BIW Technician’s with an Electric bias required to join a leading OEM based in Nuneaton on an ongoing contract basis.
Our client is the UK’s best kept secret sneaking into the UK’s automotive market with a brand-new workshop based in Nuneaton. Taking Electrical Vehicles by storm our client is a leading OEM with the drive and determination to make position changes to the automotive industry by pushing the benchmark of electric vehicles to achieve a climate-neutral future.
They are currently looking to recruit for a number of BIW Technicians to join them on their journey to develop their Electric models of the future and set the standard of excellence for Electric Vehicles across the worldwide automotive market.
The BIW Technician will be working alongside skilled Engineers and Technicians helping to build, assemble and prepare development electric vehicles ready for whole vehicle and component durability testing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in following process documents which include load sequence, sealing runs and joint information.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience of using hand held and air powered tools
- Experience of using self-piercing rivets (SPR) guns & equipment
- Experience of working with precision components
- Basic fitting skills/techniques
- Basic sheet metal fabrication
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions
- Ability to use experience and judgement to make good decisions regarding correct build.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications in an automotive discipline is desirable
- Good engineering background essential
- Experience of previous BIW assembly work is desirable
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- A motivated and self-starting individual
HOURS: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 8.00am – 16.45pm Friday 8.00am – 2.30pm (30 mine unpaid lunch break) 39 hours
PAY: £16.77 - £19.53 per hour
Please note: These positions are deemed Inside of IR35. The final pay rate offered will be inclusive of Assignment rate, Holiday Pay and Apex Recruitments contribution towards the costs of a Payroll Administrator.