Automotive Technical AdvisorApply Now
Salary: £30k - 32k per year + Benefits
Location: Perry Barr, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 17 Jun 2021
Reference: 4941 - KA
Automotive Technical Advisor required to join a large and well-established Automotive service provider on a permanent basis paying a salary in the region of £32,000 per annum + Benefits.
Our client, an experienced car marketplace with an impressive history spanning nearly 70 years, have teamed up with one of the UK’s fastest growing Automotive retailers and are looking for an experienced Automotive Technical Advisor to focus on looking after customers, ensuring they receive a first-class service from the beginning to the end of their customer journey.
This is a crucial and exciting time for an Automotive Technical Advisor to join the team as they navigate through their growth period offering the successful candidate the ability to take ownership of their position and develop through the company. Full training and ongoing support will be offered to the successful Automotive Technician Advisor however a strong Automotive background and understanding of technical issues is essential to complete this role to the highest standards.
Working 40 hours per week, this role is perfect for those who are looking to make the most of their home life balance – working a 4-day on, 4-day off rotational shift basis, 08:00am – 20:00pm, this role allows you to enjoy a 4-day break after every 4-day shift pattern! (Monday – Sunday).
In return for your enthusiasm, knowledge and experience, the successful Automotive Technical Advisor can benefit from a salary in the region of £32,000 per annum alongside additional benefits to include 25days holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Pension schemes, Childcare Vouchers, Internal Promotions and Development structures, Cycle to Work scheme, and Online and High Street retail reward schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Automotive Technical Advisor:
- Customer Management- ensuring a premium service to all customers.
- Supplier Management- building strong relationships with suppliers to ensure all repairs are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Logistics management – managing the movement and logistics of vehicles.
- Order cancellations & returns – relating to quality issues.
- Complaints – ensuring customers receive a ‘first class’ service and all are complaints dealt with for the best possible outcome for both parties.
- Supporting SDE – Customer (Escalations).
- Understand vehicle issue by asking more technically minded questions.
- Diagnosing issue prior to agreeing repair.
- Costs on repair work.
- Working closely with RAMP to understand / challenge cases that are being accepted.
- Active involvement in shaping customer operations ethos and culture ensuring a consumer-led approach by defining and continuously streamlining processes and service levels.
- Supporting and participating in any ad-hoc customer operations projects as and when required
The Ideal Automotive Technical Advisor:
- A strong customer service/experience/satisfaction background.
- Mechanics/Vehicle experience is preferable.
- Ability to communicate through various channels including by phone and email.
- Well-organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Good influencer with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with strong customer service skills and a passion for finding solutions to enhance performance.
We are interested to speak to individuals from a mechanical / technical background, who are looking for an employer who commits to training, development and empowerment of all their workforce. Please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch if should you be suitable!