Automotive Fabricator / WelderApply Now
Salary: £25 per hour
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 28 Jan 2022
Reference: 5191 - RC
Automotive Fabricator / Welder required to join a luxury automotive brand based in Daventry on an ongoing contract basis paying £25.00 per hour.
Our client is an automotive luxury brand, with a global reputation for bespoke restorations. Working with some of the most iconic designs using modern engineering this company is one of a kind and their attention to detail is second to none. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of master craftsmen offering the opportunity to place your name against some of the world’s most eye catching and valued road worthy vehicles whilst partnering with globally renowned organisations to deliver a company vision which surpasses expectations.
We are looking for highly skilled Automotive Fabricator / Welder to join an existing team of restoration experts who operate with finesse and skill. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company where quality supersedes speed and attention to detail is paramount to deliver iconic and flawless vehicles to a bespoke number of customers.
The Automotive Fabricator / Welder will be responsible for full car shell restorations using donor vehicles. Working to very tight tolerances (1mm), you will be highly skilled in MIG welding and have the ability to cut out and replace corrosion areas of a vehicle shell from small areas to larger sections. The successful automotive fabricator / welder will be highly skilled in steel fabrication with experience in vehicle restorations ensuring tight tolerances and quality welding finishes.
In return, the successful Automotive Fabricator / Welder will join an inclusive and supportive team with a great attitude and family culture within a modern bright and airy facility.
Our client is looking to place a skilled Automotive Fabricator / Welder on an initial contracting basis, with perm anent opportunities available to those who show the correct skill and team fit. Successful candidates will receive a pay rate of £25.00 per hour working a Day Shift Monday to Friday with ample opportunity for overtime!
The duties and responsibilities of the Automotive Fabricator / Welder:
- Full car restorations using donor vehicles.
- Steel fabrication.
- Removal of corrosion areas.
- MIG Welding.
- Working to tight 1mm tolerances.
- Competent in splashing shells in preparation of weld studs / nuts.
- Ability to fit and weld roll cages to a high standard.
The ideal Automotive Fabricator / Welder:
- Must have extensive hands-on experience of automotive fabrication and welding.
- Ability to work to extremely tight tolerances (1mm)
- Strong ability within Steel Fabrication
- Experienced in MIG Welding
- Candidates with a Rally car background would thrive in this environment.
- Experience working with restorations and donor vehicles.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions.
- Excellent organisational skills, proficient at managing and prioritising work schedule
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to create a high-quality finish
- Knowledge and practical understanding of PPE, H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required.
Hours: Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 7.30am – 16.15pm and Friday 7.00am – 15.30pm with the opportunity for weekday and Saturday overtime.
Pay: £25.00 per hour
Please note, this role is deemed inside of IR35. The final pay rate offered will be inclusive of the Assignment pay rate, holiday pay and Apex Recruitments contribution towards Employer Costs.
To show your interest in this role please Apply Now with a copy of your CV, should you be successfully shortlisted a member of our Team will contact you to discuss the role in more detail. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.