Automotive Development TrimmerApply Now
Salary: £22.27 - 22.27 per hour + Overtime
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 03 Jan 2019
Reference: 4257 - KA
Automotive Development Trimmer required to join a forward-thinking department in Gaydon paying £22.27 per hour on a day shift.
A world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles is seeking a Development Trimmer to join their forward-thinking and talented Automotive Design Team. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is well known across the globe for continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
The Design Team are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Development Trimmer to join their friendly team working on the trim development of automotive models of the future within a state-of-the-art environment. This role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term, ongoing or permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
This job role requires all aspects of interior trim for design model vehicles. This will include items such as headliner, steering wheels, load space and carpet, instrument panel and seats. As a Development trimmer, it would be your responsibility to ensure the work produced is of the highest quality possible within the window of delivery. Your skills and experience will be utilized to improve and progress key design products.
THE KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRIM DEVELOPER:
- Full development, patterning and trimming skills required.
- Creating and working to patterns from scratch.
- Experience of continuous development of a product from early design to production intent.
- Expert level sewing machinist, covering assembly and decorative stitch and development stitching.
- Hand sewing skills (baseball, euro stitch).
- A high level of CAD understanding, being able to highlight potential trim issues on screen.
- Ability to modify development seat foams (material on and off)
- Expert experience of working with a wide range of natural and synthetic soft materials.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 in a relevant discipline is desired
- A full apprenticeship in a relevant discipline is desired
- Previous experience within a Design environment
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Passionate on new and future vehicle designs and models
- Ability to work well within a team and on their own initiative.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, well organised with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.30am -4pm, Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
PAY RATE: £22.27 per hour
Flexibility to work overtime as per business need is essential – paid at uplifted rates.