Automated Driving Software Safety EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 04 May 2018
We are recruiting for a world leading, automotive company where career development opportunities are unparalleled. Their growth over the past 5 years has been unmatched and this growth shows no sign of slowing. They are continuing to invest, expand and develop new and exciting products. They are now seeking to increase their permanent head count, and this is where you fit in.
The role of the Automated Driving Software Safety Engineer is integral to ensuring that their customers continue to receive an exceptional driving experience.
What you will be doing:
- As the Control System Engineer you'll be working with industry leading Automated Driving technologies within our client's Automated Driving Chassis Engineering Group.
- We're building a team of highly skilled engineers to develop motion control systems including trajectory control, robotic motion and vehicle dynamic control. You 'll be focusing on the robustness of the system design and development. Working alongside the control system team, you'll lead the analysis of system performance and robustness in real world conditions.
- Although you'll be supported by our Systems Engineering teams, including specialist Functional Safety and Quality groups, you'll have ultimate responsibility for the robustness of your own technology. Not only will you analyse the design, but you'll also have the opportunity to be involved in the robustness testing both in simulation and in vehicle testing globally, for both hot and cold climates should you so choose.
What we expect from you:
- Highly motivated, you'll have a proven record of system robustness tools and methods application, with experience of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Failure & Function Analysis (FFA), and P-Diagrams.
- You'll also need to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Control System design and have a degree in electronics, software, automotive, aerospace, robotics engineering, or a similar subject. Equivalent industry experience will also be considered
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme.