Auto ElectricianApply Now
Salary: £22.27 - 22.27 per hour
Location: Ryton, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 22 May 2019
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an Auto Electricians to join their team. This role is offered on a contract basis with the potential for further contract extensions for the right candidate., as well as permanent opportunities.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians assisting in the builds, maintenance and repair of vehicle electrical systems of Classic Vehicles to the manufacturer’s specification which is of the highest standard. You will also be involved in carrying out routine maintenance and carrying out diagnostic investigations on reported vehicle defects using laptops, multi-meters and other test equipment to identify faults
This is a varied position for the successful Auto Electrician, which will draw on their working knowledge of modern automotive systems and electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, Maintenance and Repair of automotive electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components
- An understanding of routine maintenance schedules
- Basic mechanical engineering and use of hand tools, to enable fitment and removal of electrical components
- Diagnostic skills using in house I.T technology, Multi-meters and diagnostic test equipment
- Establish root cause of all electrical faults and ensure robust resolutions of all issues
- Conduct software download updates
- Repair of all identified electrical faults
- Dis-assembly and replacement of all electrical components, modules and harnesses
- Ability to follow written SoP’s, and to contribute to their origination and updating
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical BoM’s; to be able to verify and update as required
- To manage stock of electrical components, and report stock levels frequently to ensure that the build programme is never at risk
- You will be expected to produce detailed but concise reports on your findings, and any countermeasures that you have had to implement.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A full modern apprenticeship and NVQ Level 3 is essential in an Automotive or Engineering discipline (electrical preferred)
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- Full UK Driving Licence Required (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
DAYS: Monday – Thursday: 7am – 15.30pm ; Friday: 7am – 12pm