Assistant AccountantApply Now
Salary: £25k - 28k per year + Pension and Healthcare
Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 19 Apr 2021
A qualified Assistant Accountant is required in Warwick on a Permanent basis.
Our client is a global organisation that is a world leading provider of innovative technologies to the automotive sector operating across the world. The company are pioneering the introduction of cleaner technologies within the automotive sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Assistant Accountant reporting to the Financial Controller. The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis at their offices in Warwick. As a result of COVID-19 the office remains closed and therefore the role will initially be working from home, but with the opportunity to work in the office upon restrictions being lifted.
The role will involve:
- the preparation of financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis
- Providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aiding with month end accounting
- Accruals & prepayments and journals
- Transactional level reviews
- Payroll Accounting
- Assistance with Intercompany Accounting and manual invoicing
- Assistance with financial analytics
- Working with outsourced accounting team to resolve cash in transit items
- Supporting internal and external audits
- Providing information and analysis to support business needs
- Other ad-hoc queries
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally qualified: ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of SAP
- Accuracy, strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills (Vlookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Ability to manage large volumes of data
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Strong team working skills
Monday – Friday 37.5 hours a week (Working from home with potential for office work at a later date)