Architectural TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £26.00 - 27.50 per hour
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 09 Dec 2020
Role: Architectural Engineer
Contract type: Ongoing contract
Salary: £26-£27.50 per hour
- The Architectural Technician will be responsible for providing architectural design solutions and services for facility projects, globally, across the clients manufacturing sites.
- Working across RIBA stages 0-7, the you will lead architectural projects and be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of these projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment.
- Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments.
- Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management
- Demonstrable knowledge of Legislative and Industry Standards in Automotive
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven Project Management Experience of working in partnership with a Trade Union Flexibility to be able to operate across all client locations, which on some occasions may result in significant time (several weeks) overseas or away from home.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Chartered Architectural Technologist (MCIAT) or working towards it
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualification.
- Strong knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop.
- Extensive construction industry experience of new-build, refurbishment, and extension schemes across all RIBA stages
- Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
- Extensive experience leading construction projects in the role of Architectural Technician.
- Extensive engineering and manufacturing background with previous experience in Facilities Development.
- Proven experience and an understanding of facilities processes, equipment, and leading technologies.
- Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies.
- Proven experience of contract and performance management and management of Services Level Agreements.
- Experience of FMEA tools, reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions
- APMP, PMP or similar project management qualification. Knowledge and practical experience of National Building Specification (NBS) software.
- Practical experience up to Level 2 BIM