Applications EngineerApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Date Listed: 12 Mar 2019
Reference: 4300 - Apex SG
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for the position of Applications Engineer for a global market leader in the manufacture of both external and internal thread grinding machines, based in Coventry.
Applications Engineer (Machine Tool) – Permanent – Coventry & Overseas Travel
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
HOURS: 39 hours per week: Monday – Thursday; 7.30am – 4pm & Friday; 7.30am - 3pm
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Applications Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate should have a strong machine tool background preferably with grinding type machine tools. As an Applications Engineer you will take an active role in the preparation of equipment prior to delivery, site installation and the functional testing of the machine to customer specifications.
In return for your experience and skillset our Client is offering a competitive salary in the region of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum alongside a generous 33-day holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays) and the opportunity to benefit from pension and health care schemes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Applications Engineer with a thirst for UK and international travel to grow, develop and support a forward-thinking global market leader.
The responsibilities of the Applications Engineer:
- Preparation of Grinding Machines and associated equipment for installation at customers site.
- Functional Testing of the machine to customer specifications
- Machine capability and process trials
- Machine operation and maintenance training
- Machine demonstrations
- After sales support
This position is ideal for a motivated and confident Applications Engineer who can demonstrate the following:
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC machine tools
- Knowledge of the application and use of CNC grinding machine tools (NC programming experience would be an advantage – Siemens 840D)
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings
- Experience of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic/hydraulic fault finding
- Experience of Siemens systems and drives
- Experience of modern abrasives and grinding methods
- Siemens 840D control experience
- Experience of grinding would be an advantage
For more information about this role please call Stephen @ Apex Recruitment on 01926 424 154 or email Stephen@Apex-recruitment.co.uk