Aluminium TIG WelderApply Now
Salary: Market related
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Temporary
Date Listed: 13 Sep 2021
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Aluminium TIG Welder for a specialist automotive manufacturer based in Daventry. Our client currently works with some of the biggest names in the Automotive industry, specialising in Powertrain components and exhaust systems.
Role: Aluminium TIG Welder
Hours: Monday – Friday (8am-4pm)
Contract type: Temporary to Permanent
- To use TIG welding equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies as required, meeting defined production schedules, using the information contained within the works orders.
- To supply quality parts & assemblies from jigs & fixtures, using company SOP’s
- Working on Automotive components, predominantly thin gauge aluminium,
- Support the Quality Assurance department to ensure all work is completed to the highest of industry standards.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Record and report information using company ERP system.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e., continual improvements
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Production Manager and Team Leader.
Experience and Qualifications:
- TIG welding experience ideally with experience working with aluminium,
- You will have experience working in a production environment preferably in the automotive industry.
- We require someone with an excellent eye for detail as standards are set extremely high by our customers.
- You must be able to work diligently with minimum supervision day to day.