Vehicle Launch TechnicianApply Now
Salary: £22.27 - 25.99 per hour
Location: Honiley, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Listed: 01 Feb 2018
A world leading, automotive manufacturer is looking for a number of talented and experienced Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to work on prestige and high valued motor vehicles. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest departments and be part of a fast growing global company that offers candidates fantastic development opportunities and exciting brands to work on. Every day is different and the range of vehicles that you work on will give you the opportunity to use your skills and talents to ensure that the work is delivered to the highest of standards.
This role is offered with immediate start opportunities and on an ongoing-contract basis with long term, opportunities for the right candidates.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians assisting with the preparation of prestige vehicles including one off vehicles for new model launches at international motor shows and large fleets of dynamic launch vehicles for media events
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out whole vehicle mechanical maintenance and rectification
- Carrying out electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Strip and rebuild vehicle interior trim and hardware to achieve world class fit and finish standards.
- Develop and install anti squeak and rattle packages together with wind noise or body openness solutions
- Strip and rebuild exterior body panels and trim to include panel profiles to the highest standard.
- Remove and fit bonded glass to include windscreen and panoramic roof glass to achieve the highest fit and finish standards.
- Using Hunter geometry and wheel balancing equipment (training provided where required)
- Pre-Delivery Inspections(PDI)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy) and preferably Level 3
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime will be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Shift pattern one
Monday to Thursday 5.55am-2.05pm, Friday 6am-11.20am
Shift Pattern two
Monday to Thursday 1.50pm-10pm, Friday 11.05am-4.25pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fee